You Asked, We Listened
Here at TheEclassifieds, we care about our customers’ opinions.
We are currently undergoing some website maintenance to improve the user experience and want to inform everyone of the updates.
Our most common request has been to separate the business classifieds from the general classifieds. To fix this, TheEclassifieds has an option to filter between Any Classifieds / Individual Classifieds / and Business Classifieds. Here's how it works on Desktop and Mobile.
(You can access this feature at any point in time on TheEclassifieds website)
- Locate the magnifying glass icon in the top left corner beneath TheEclassifieds name.
- Click the magnifying glass and a panel of options will appear to help you search for items.
- Click between Any Classifieds / Individual Classifieds / and Business Classifieds to filter what listings will appear. (Applying other filters such as price, category, or for sale are optional and not required.)
- Click "Go" and you've set your filter for TheEclassifieds!
- Tap the magnifying glass in the top left corner next to TheEclassifieds name and a panel of options will appear to help you search for items.
- Tap between Any Classifieds / Individual Classifieds / and Business Classifieds to filter what listings will appear. (Applying other filters such as price, category, or for sale are optional and not required.)
- Tap "Go" and you've set your filter for TheEclassifieds!
NOTE - The filter will work if you stay on TheEclassifieds website page. However, if you close TheEclassifieds browser and exit the page, the filter will have to be reapplied.
We have noticed an increase of Businesses that have been posting as Individual users. We strive to create a fair marketplace for buying, selling, and trading for our users, but this has caused problems filtering between Businesses and Individuals. Previous examples of Businesses that have posted as Individuals include Real Estate Agents, Breeders, Car Sales Agents, etc.
We have contacted the users and turned them into Business subscriptions. TheEclassifieds works diligently to maintain this, but if you see a user who is misusing their account, please report it to Brenda Burke at email@example.com or 423.378.9654.
We appreciate all our users who have made our community a possibility and want to treat everyone fairly. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let us know!
Kingsport Police Department offers new “Safe Exchange Zone” service to citizens
Effective immediately, two parking spaces are under video surveillance, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days-a-year, with parking being restricted to a 15 minute time limit. This is located in the parking lot behind Kingsport City Hall, located at 225 West Center Street, adjacent to the Kingsport Justice Center. “Safe Exchange Zone” offers a clearly marked, well-lit, and very public spot, under constant video surveillance, strategically located adjacent to the Kingsport Police Department, as a site to conduct these person to person transactions.
This gives citizens a safe place to conduct transactions with other individuals. Potentially strangers who've they've never met, or with whom they expect potential problems. This proactive approach of offering a “Safe Exchange Zone” to the citizens will help continue this positive cycle in Kingsport.
Here is a link for further information: https://kingsportpdblog.com/2017/05/18/kpd-e-news-release-kingsport-police-department-offers-new-safe-exchange-zone-service-to-citizens/
All information comes from the Kingsport Police Department
You Spoke, We Listened
You may have noticed that theEclassifeds received an overhaul in the 4th quarter of 2016. This effort is to create a unified platform for the mobile and desktop experience. These changes included:
- a new grid view so you can see larger images.
- adopting the mobile image posting functionality site wide to remove Flash.
- a cleaner interface that is truly responsive to all devices.
- a new navigation to cluster categories in a more logical manner.
- and many small fixes and adjustments throughout.
Some of these changes caused a few of you some issues and we worked to correct many of those. We are still working to improve the site and also beginning work on some new features for 2017. These features will make selling your items easier and tailor the buying experience to you. We will be looking for your feedback on these new features, so keep an eye out for the feedback tab.
- We will make sure you can close it this time ;-)